Monday, July 28, 2008

I Don't Like It When People Do This.

I hate it when people doggedly refuse to accept their limitations. I'm 6'8" with marginal vision, I accept that I'm not going to be a fighter pilot. Muhammad Abdulqaadir refuses to accept that he's not NFL running back material. Maybe he does, but the writer of this article on Conde Nast Portfolio refuses to accept that.

Dan Golden believes that Muhammad should have gone in the middle rounds of the draft, and went undrafted because his father was a vocal supporter of Zacarias Moussaoui. Dan, have you watched the draft? Ever? If Hitler could run a 4.3 and catch a football, he'd get drafted in the 1st round. Here are the facts about drafting running backs.

You want an ideal height ranging from 5'10" to 6'2". Muhammad is 5'7".
You want an ideal speed below a 4.5. Muhammad ran a 4.6.
You want the back to be proven on a top tier team. He played for FCS school Southern Illinois University.

Any one of these things is not good, but not going to kill someone's chances. All together however? No chance. Get over it Dan. All your article is going to do is foment unwarranted resentment towards football from other people like yourself, who clearly have no grasp on the realities of the spot. Go find someone else to defame.

1 comment:

P said...

Yeah I always believed I was destined to be a model but obviously my height of five foot three is the ONLY thing which prevented me from doing so . . . :)